Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hope, Strength, Rest


~ Grace Gifts~
Hope, Strength, Rest

  The God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer  and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Psalm 18:32-34
Have you found yourself to be in the dark about something? Wondering where God is taking you, or what He is up to.  Wondering how things will ever work out?    Have you remained  faithful in your respect for the LORD?  And you're still obeying His voice, as He speaks?  Yet ... there you are, still in the dark....having no light? 
 What are we to do? Where do we find our hope, our strength, our rest?
I found the answers right there in His Word.

Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.



Rest on Him.  Rely upon Him.  The Hebrew transliteration is "shaan" which means to Lean, to support oneself upon.  Lean Upon the strong arm of the LORD.  Rest upon Your God.  Did you realize that HE is YOUR God!?  How personal is this?  Isn't this wonderful?  Not only is HE the Creator of the universe,  but He is YOUR Very own, One and Only, Loving, Tender, Compassionate, Forgiving, Patient, Gentle, Sweet, Strong, Heavenly Father---He is Yours!  And you, my friend, and I, are HIS!
 
We praise You Father, for bringing hope and encouragement to us who are following You, yet still "in the dark" about things.  We know that You tell us if we walk with You we will walk in Light...and we fellowship with YOU, Who IS the LIGHT of the World. . .we thank You that You understand we have the desire to understand things . . .and yet we are unable to.  Thank You for encouraging us to keep on walking in the direction You are leading, as we know You have said You will lead "the blind in a way that they have not been before."  How very scary to be blind, and in unfamiliar territory!  Help us continue to obey You, and trust and fully rely upon YOU!  We thank You for when You WILL break forth the Son-shine, we shall see what this was all about!  And we pray it will be for Your glory!!  And for our good!
In Jesus' Name, Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment