Friday, March 29, 2013

A Prayer In The Garden

Grace Gift
His Patience

 Matthew 26:36-45 -
Then Jesus went with his disciples to a
place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there
and pray.” 
 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he
began to be sorrowful and troubled. The
he said to them, “My soul is
overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of
death. Stay here
and keep watch with
me.” 
 Going a little father, he fell with his face
to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if
it is possible, may this cup be taken from
me. Yet not as I will, but as you will. 
 Then he returned to his disciples and
found them sleeping. “Could you men not
keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. “Watch and pray so that
you will not fall into temptation. The spirit
it is willing, but the body is weak.” 
 He went away a second time and prayed, “My
Father, if it is not possible for this
cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” 
 When he came back, he again found them
sleeping, because their eyes were
heavy. So he left them and went away
once more and prayed the third time,
saying the same thing. 
 Then he returned to the disciples and said
to them, “Are you still sleeping and
resting? Look, the hour is near, and the
Son of Man is betrayed into the hands
of sinners. Rise, let us go!
Here comes my betrayer.”
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment