Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Warmth In The Winter

 ~ Grace Gift ~
Keeping Warm

                    While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, 
and cold and heat, and summer and winter, 
and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22
I don't mind winter, I quite like snuggling under the soft blanket in the evening with my mug of hot chocolate and a good book. I quite like the hot soups and crusty bread that one tends to have on a very chilly night. Winter is often seen as the least favorable season, but each season has its beauty and winter is just as good as any other season but for different reasons.
           Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: 
thou hast made summer and winter.
Psalms 74:17 
 
Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: 
and cold out of the north. 
By the breath of God frost is given:
and the breadth of the waters is straitened.
Job 37:9-10 
 
Sometimes, however, there are days when we all experience the winter blues, feeling lifeless, lonely and a bit depressed. But in nature when a winter day really turns blue it is anything but lifeless and depressing.  It is a moment of calmness and serenity.
When the forest is so still that you can hear your heart beat.
 When you can imagine yourself light as a feather
high above the world ready to take off and fly.
In that quiet moment your mind lets go and suddenly
you are soaring higher and higher.
 
Forgetting the garden once filled with flowers where now a blanket of snow bars you from even entering the gate.
Just taking your time and really noticing how
beautiful a winter blue day can be.
   Letting go of those concerns that tend to
bury you when feeling weighted down.
 Those moments when nature says,
just look at me I am feeling blue also.
 I may feel cold and alone, but God is all around me
waiting to warm my soul again.
 The thought of His presence keeps
my life ready to bloom again.
 In a world where snow covered trees will soon again burst forth with green from the warmth of His touch.
But for now the winter blues still exist, so like a reflection I dream of God’s presence surrounding me also.
As the clouds move in and the day begins to draw to an end,  I find myself renewed with thoughts of how wonderful a winter blue day can be when I know I am surrounded by God’s presence.
   Moments of stillness and serenity were experienced.
 As night draws near I say goodbye to the winter blues where the moon meets a star as they fade over the hill.
 May you also find God’s presence
even when feeling the winter blues.
Have a
Good Morning…   Good Afternoon…  Good Night…
Whatever it is to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment