Friday, January 4, 2013

Another Day, Another Year

~ Grace Gift ~
Another Year

From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the LORD is to be praised!

Psalm 113:3


 There's nothing magical about a new year. The earth continues to spin on its axis, the sun rises and sets, bills arrive in the mail, I still have to cook dinner, and the dust under the beds, dirty dishes in the sink and overflowing hamper of dirty laundry by the washer didn't disappear.

  
Four days into 2013 looks just like the last three days of 2012 - more or less.

 The reality is that every day is the beginning of the 365 days in a year to follow. A calendar just helps me stay organized - only God can make lasting changes in my life and He doesn't need a new year to do so - so when 2013 was only hours old and I'd already failed to meet new goals I'd set......


 I wondered - how many of the tens of thousands of sunrises and sunsets has this woman of a certain age missed in this mist of a life I've been given?  

  It takes only seconds to notice - to stop - to turn my gaze from where I think I want to go to see and be grateful right where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment