Thursday, January 24, 2013

Flight Plans


 ~ Grace Gift ~
Flight Plans

I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.”-Isaiah 48:17

Wood Stork
Wouldn't that be awesome to have an "overhead" view of life?
To see from a distance just where we are going and alter our "flight plans" if there was something better on the horizon?
Well....I suppose that would be faith now, wouldn't it?
 I am a firm believer that the Lord runs my life, and that everything that happens is because of His mercy and everlasting blessings.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
We all try to think ahead and make a road-map for our lives. I am here to tell you that God has declared in His word that He already has plans for your life.

Many times we find ourselves in barren fields of self-doubt, kicking the dust of misunderstanding etched in the ground of our lives’ tragedies and pain. I have been there myself many times in my life; it is a place all too familiar to me. Perhaps you know the place.
 We have all had times where we thought we were in God’s will only to find things coming apart on the broken wings of good intentions. Many times in life our hopes are bashed, promises broken and our way seems lost. It is in realizing that we are but humble pilgrims lost without God’s direction that we can find our way.
 As we journey through life, we will get beaten up- we will get hurt and bruised along the way. Scarred memories mark our journey like markers on a highway.
 There are times of joy and bliss that we savor, but sometimes it seems that they get lost in our journey.
 People wonder what tomorrow will bring; a better life; a better situation; a more prosperous job; or a happy marriage.
 It is in God that we can find the hope for our future. If we put our hope in God, there will be no surprising ending in our lives.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment