Saturday, February 2, 2013

In The Garden Of This Earth

 ~ Grace Gift ~
Another day of *unspeakable gifts*

"Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gifts" II Corinthians 9:15
There is a winter on the earth that mirrors the winter in a heart, and it is helpful to remember that both are seasons. Any season that God has given is good, and it is enlightening to be thankful for His goodness, His gifts, and the goodness in His gifts.
Even winter.
I am thankful for the stark beauty of bare trees and the hidden architecture of nature revealed.
I am thankful for the shortened daylight, the candlelight, the warmth of home, and the hibernation of the soul within the family.
I am thankful for the wind, rain, and snow's pruning of my landscape - outside my window and within my heart.
This week, I will find time to make a winter soup, light all of the candles at dark, and build a fire under a cold, starry sky. I will be thankful for the life force stirring under the ground beneath my feet and understand the privilege of living in the garden of this earth, in all seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment