Thursday, September 26, 2013

Looking In The Mirror

Grace Gift
Time To Make A Difference
2 Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.


My 60th birthday is coming up next month.
 As I stand looking at myself in the mirror, I see more than wrinkles, a few (ok, quite a few) gray hairs, and a less than perfect hour glass figure.  Instead, I see the end.  The end of my life.

I am MORE than half way through my life. 
If I was blessed to live to be 70,
I only have 10 more years to live.

Have you noticed how fast 10 years fly by?

I've  decided I'd better get to living my life.
No more dilly dallying around.
No more thinking "one of these days". (It was more than apparent, I was running out of "these days".)
I have to make each day count!
I have to make my life count!
Not to mention,
I have to make up for
lost time,
lost years,
lost opportunities,
lost moments when I was anything but all God created me to be.
 So for me, life begins at 60

What about you?
Have you been making the most of YOUR life? 

On your  next birthday,
standing in front of your  mirror,
will you see someone who has made the most of the life you have been given?
 Will the candles on your cake
be a true representation
of the ways you have spent your life
shining HIS light?
I pray we will be able to see our life for what it is -
a precious gift to be
given away,
used up,
and poured out.
 God created you and I
ON purpose,
WITH purpose,
FOR a purpose.

It's time, (dare I say, PAST time) to be purposefully living each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment