Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Books

~ Grace Gift ~
Words

Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.


I love words, the way they sound, the emotions they evoke; I love a cleverly constructed phrase that makes me laugh, then think; I love poetry and lyrics woven into prose; I love going places I've never been in a sailboat made of words
This use to be my kiddos and me, walking home from the library. How we loved time spent in a building of books.
Now, most folks have a Kindle; me too, thanks to my daughter..
:-) 
But there's just something about holding that book, those pages, that little bit of bound -words that makes me smile, still.

 This  brings back memories of the best week of any elementary school year: the annual Book Fair Week, when the library and lunch room overflowed with tables loaded with books for sale and I had money to spend. I get goose bumps thinking about it.
 There's nothing like falling asleep reading a good book/Kindle.
Sweet dreams and happy reading, my friends.
 Spending much time in God's Word; all other books on hold for now.
 “Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do. . . I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13-14).

No comments:

Post a Comment