Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Reflections


Grace Gift ~ The Source Of Life

2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.




The moon has no light of its own; it simply reflects the sun’s light. In the spiritual life it is the same. We have no light to share of our own, but we are able to be reflections of Christ’s light.

When I look up at the moon I’m often reminded of our calling to be “the light of the world” and how if I am to let my light shine at all I must remain close to the true Source of light and reflect his light to others. If we let things get between us and the Source of light we do not offer much of a reflection. It is imperative that we remove anything that hinders Christ’s light from shining on us and from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment