Sunday, August 5, 2012

He Lifts My Head

~ Grace Gifts ~
He is a shield for me, He is my glory, He lifts my head.

But you, O LORD, are a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of my head. ...
Psalm 3:3


What a beautiful verse!  It's so poetic and weaves such an elaborate picture in my mind, especially that last phrase:  "the lifter up of mine head."  I don't know about you, but sometimes life gets me down.  There are some days where I just can't shake the blues no matter how hard I try.  This downcast spirit is often a result of a trying situation or circumstance that creeps (and sometimes elbows) its way into my life.  But sometimes, all it takes to get me down is to look around at my life and say, "Is this it?  Is this as good as it gets?  This isn't quite what I had in mind?"


As I read the phrase "the lifter up of mine head", this is the picture that comes to mind.  I imagine God reaching down to me in my saddened state and lovingly placing His hand under my chin.  His lifts my face to His and whispers, "It's okay, child.  I'm here.  Go ahead and cry.  You can even use My shoulder if you need to.  Just don't look away.  Look at Me.  I can bring back your joy."  What a picture!  What a blessing!  What a privilege to be the child of such a loving Father.

Does life have you down today?  Are you feeling discouraged or disappointed?  Is your head hanging low in sorrow and sadness?  If so, allow Jesus to be the lifter up of your head.  Look to Him, and find peace in His loving embrace.  He'll dry your tears and remind you of the many reasons you have to smile.  Remember, weeping may endure for a night, but joy WILL come in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment