Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Strength

Grace Gift
Strength

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage,
and he shall strengthen thine heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalm 27:14



The Biblical meaning of the word WAIT, seems to be more of an attitude than an action.  Waiting is an attitude of patience, which is waiting on the Lord and trusting in him to do what is best for you.    


  I've realized how impatient I can be. Part of it is because I don't like waiting. I want results. I want resolution. I want answers. I want progress. And I want it asap. I want it now. I want it immediately....
  Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands.  ~ Elisabeth Elliot ~
 
Reminding myself and my readers that God does not and has not abandoned us.
We don’t know how our lives will unfold, but we can decide to trust our future to an all knowing God.  For those of us who WAIT on the Lord, our hearts will be strengthened.   

No comments:

Post a Comment