Monday, May 27, 2013

This Little Light Of Mine


Grace Gift
Fireflies


"I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows Me
will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
 Growing up in the midwest, fireflies were a common sight on summer evenings. We called them lightning bugs, and we loved to catch them and put them in a jar, fascinated by their mysterious glow.
Ordinarily, I do not like bugs at all. But I do make exceptions for lightening bugs.
                                                   Eeeeek!
But there is another kind of light that shines everywhere; it is the light that lights the way for life, the Light of Jesus. He is the Light of the world, and as His followers, we reflect the light that shines from Him to the world.
Psalm 104:1-3
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty. 2 He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent 3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.
Romans 13:12
12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..."
 2 Samuel 22:29
29 You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.

 Isaiah 42:16
16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

No comments:

Post a Comment