Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Blessings Of Rain

Grace Gift
Rain

Psalm 147:8
He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.

As I watch the clouds build, my own heart cries out for clouds of it's own.
Clouds to shade.
Clouds to rain down.
I hear thunder in the distance and smile.  It it music to my ears.
This rumbling, it is more than the sound of an approaching storm, it is the sound of hope.
Tiny droplets of water now dot my windowpane. I unlatch the lock and slide up the glass.
And, I breathe in. 

I inhale deeply and allow the moisture infused air to seep into every part of me.
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Right on time, Lord. 
How we needed this rain.


From the corner of my heart, a tear begins to form. 
Gratitude overflowing, watering the parched soil of my heart.

You are so good, Father. 
You're blessings have no end. 

Your faithfulness reaches to the Heavens,
then, overflowing with grace, 
your love rains down.

As it falls we are

 refreshed,

 revived,

 renewed.

I watch as a hummingbird waltzes with one raindrop, then another, and another.
Fluttering his wings, the water spurs him on.
Twirling here, diving there.
He feels it, too.
This blessing of rain.
Heavenly love,
Fatherly care,
Godly provision,
sent in the blessing of showers.

 I feel it, too.
This blessing of rain.
Heavenly sweetness,
Fatherly embrace,
Godly indwelling,

sent in the blessing of showers.






No comments:

Post a Comment